The System Engineer (SE) position is part of the response team responsible for remote or on-site service requests and assistance on routine computer support issues according to urgency. Strong customer relations, and follow-up to ensure that service has been completed to the customer’s satisfaction are a must.
A (SE) is responsible for configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and repairing application and network issues for our customers. The SE must be a team player, yet work well independently, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include working with Senior Systems Engineers to engineer solutions for IT projects as well as providing application and network administration for client support agreements. The perfect candidate would be a professional, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual who excels at completing tasks successfully and efficiently and living in the Western Chicago Suburbs.
• Serve as primary engineering contact on IT Support and projects
• Set up and install new servers and network equipment
• Identify and resolve business applications and related system issues and performance problems
• Windows Server
• Mircosoft O365 and Azure
• SQL and SharePoint are a plus
• Business applications support
• Networking and wireless
• Desktops and laptop support
• Windows 10/Windows 11
• Storage and NAS
• Security is a plus
• Phone system and VOIP is a plus
• Troubleshoot server and workstation software and hardware
• Perform hardware upgrades and swaps
• Establish backup and recovery procedures
• Interface with external vendors as necessary
• Actively participate with other team members in planning, coordinating, and implementing project-based work
• Maintain client as-built documentation
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Identifying and correcting security concerns
• Instituting virus prevention and remediation
• Support client systems on a regular, scheduled, and emergency basis
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Network infrastructure administration of routers, firewalls, and switches is a plus.
• Microsoft Windows experience including system implementation, management, and documentation
• Ability to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
• Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving or troubleshooting skills
• Must possess excellent time management skills
• Ability to travel to client premises on occasions
• Hands-on in a help desk environment is preferred
• This position requires a high level of independence and strong client service skills. Organizational ability is important to keep track of all tasks because the job requires a great deal of multitasking. We also require accurate and timely tracking of client work, service calls, and related documentation including timesheets.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
• Certifications are a plus
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
How To Apply: Email Your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy IT Support is an Equal Opportunity Employer